SyteLine – Error when filtering for UETs

Today, a colleague look over my shoulder and was shocked that I was able to filter a certain field. He told me he was running the filtering, but always faced an error. I bet 50 bucks, that he can for sure filter that field (I was sure he had the rights). We went to his desk and he started to filtering. Suddenly a box appeared: “Invalid column name ‘coiUf'”.ErrorWhenFilteringForUET

Beside losing the 50 bucks, I was completely astonished about that error. The binding was correct, for other people it was working to filter, but still only parts of the bounded property name is shown.

I got some help from another ERP developer. He told me to check the SQL wildcard for the user twice. That was definitly not what I was thinking about! And it turned out, that the user had selected the underscore “_” as a wildcard. That led the filtering process to replace the “_” in the column name coiUf_myUET which in the end blew up the query from SyteLine against the database.

So, better check the SQL wildcard character of the user twice!

Tags

Categories

Meta

Peter Merkert Written by:

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply